Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 1 (of 8 day challenge)

Well I finally decided to start my 8 day challenge today. Erin and I were going to start it together but we are both very committed to being successful and we can't seem to find matching 8 days we can start on!  We both travel for work sometimes and want to find 8 full days we can each dedicate to the diet!

So far I am 3.5 hours in and feeling good! ;) I know real accomplishment, but bare with me I'm just trying to keep this all inclusive!

I actually decided at the last min today was going to be the day I started so I was slightly unprepared (as in I didn't have all my pages printed and organized in a binder as I plan to do) when I began this morning but hey I can't start out perfect or it just would not be normal to me! So long story short I woke up and took my xyng pill with approx 6 oz of water.  I then proceeded to soak in the tub .... that was for my own sanity! ;) Plus I needed to wait 30 min before my shake....well I think!  Once out I took the shot of Xyngular Super Fruit Global blend juice and then made my shake....I started off boring and just mixed my one scoop with 8 oz of water.  I used my handy dandy new mixing thingy (for lack a better name).  It worked great, as I knew it would!  I didn't have a problem with the flavor at all.

Next I headed out to Kale's basketball game!  We sat in the stands and I was worried I would start to get hungry, jittery or at least feel somewhat uncomfortable but you guess it....I didn't! I felt just like myself, plenty awake and ready to cheer on my favorite little 4 year old basketball player and the rest of his team.  When the game was over I was starting to get slightly hungry by this time it was about 2 hours after my original shake.

I had to run an errand but stopped by the house and grabbed myself about 5-8 almonds to hold myself over during my quick errand!  I know I don't want to starve or stuff myself at any point so this amount of almonds worked perfectly for me.  Once my errand was done and I was back home I decided it was the perfect time for my mid morning stack, it was about 10 at this point.  I got out a cheese stick, and cooked myself a turkey sausage.....turns out I only like the sausage on the grill or fried.....too bad I didn't cook this one that way but threw it in the microwave! UCK! So two bites in I decided to give up on the sausage and eat my cheese stick and some more almonds.  After I finished this snack I grabbed 16 oz of water but was still feeling a little hungry so I decided I had not eaten a large enough snack.  I grabbed another cheese stick (these are just under an ounce a piece) and this time I wrapped two sliced of deli meat around it.  I finished this and drank the rest of my water and that brings me to the current moment I am typing at!

I am planning to have another shake at about noon (even though the current page I am reading doesn't list having a shake for lunch I believe I should....going to have to do a little more investigating).  This afternoon my family and I are heading to Wichita to meet my brother-in-law Josh! He works at McConnell Airforce base so he was able to shop at the commissary and buy me the PB2 that everyone has been telling me is so awesome.  So although my lunch shake won't be peanut butter flavored my dinner one sure will be and I am very excited to try it out!

Oh and as far as taking pictures or getting the measurements that is the piece I didn't do prior to starting so I am off to do that piece right now.  I do know my starting weight was 160.4 lbs. Yikes! Can't wait to see what it is in 8 days!  I will upload pics and measurements on here as soon as I get them today, cause nothing like posting everything on the internet for millions to see....maybe it will keep me motivated to be successful on my weight-loss journey!  Oh and my other motivation is my upcoming trip for work.....Long Beach California in April! Whoooo Hoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment